Anglo-Norman Texts, Language and Contexts
The Anglo-Norman Dictionary (www.anglo-norman.net) is interested in sponsoring a session or series of sessions at the Leeds International Medieval Congress 2014 (see http://www.leeds.ac.uk/ims/imc/) devoted to new research on Anglo-Norman texts and their contexts. We will present papers on the subject, but are looking for further contributors.
We are particularly interested in hearing about new texts, new editions of texts, and texts that fall outside of the literary context. Paper topics could include, but are not limited to:
- the use of Anglo-Norman in literary and non-literary contexts
- the intended audience of Anglo-Norman texts throughout the medieval period
- the transmission of Anglo-Norman texts
- the revision, annotation or translation of Anglo-Norman texts
- the inclusion of Anglo-Norman with texts in other languages
- the manuscript context of Anglo-Norman works
- the use of Anglo-Norman outside England
If you are interested, please contact us, the session organizers, at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15 2013, with a short summary of your proposal.